Listening Skill means an ability to receive and interpret the messages accurately and systematically. it involves the identification system of sound and process them into meaningful sentences. To keep ourselves alert with concentration, is the basic principle of proper listening.
|HOW TO IMPROVE LISTENING SKILL|
Before you want to become a good English speaker, you need to become a good listener first. You need to develop all essential things related with listening abilities.
Here are some important ways to improve Listening Skill.
1. ALWAYS BE ATTENTIVE AND RELAXED WHILE LISTENING OTHERS.
2. TRY TO GUESS THE PURPOSE OF SPEAKER’S SPEAKING.
3. WAIT THE SPEAKER TO STOP AND THEN ASK YOUR QUESTIONS.
4. GIVE THE SPEAKER YOUR REGULAR FEEDBACK.
5. ALWAYS TAKE NOTES WHILE LISTENING.
6. IMPROVE YOUR SUMMARIZING AND NOTE MAKING SKILL SIMULTANEOUSLY.
7. PAY ATTENTION TO SPEAKER’S GESTURES AND MOVEMENTS.
8. ALWAYS RESPECT THE SPEAKER WITH SOME PRAISING WORDS.
9. ALWAYS LISTEN WITH FRESH MIND. AVOID FRUSTRATIONS.
10. NOD PROPERLY, IN A WAY THAT YOU’RE UNDERSTANDING WHATEVER IS BEING SPOKEN.
11. STAY EQUIPPED WITH INFORMATION AND KNOWLEDGE.
12. PRACTICE LISTENING ON RADIO AND TELEVISION.
13. MAKE A GROUP OF COMPETENT LISTENER TO PRACTICE DAILY.
14. KEEP PATIENCE WHILE LISTENING.
15. ALWAYS TRY TO IMITATE THE GOOD SPEAKER.
16. ALWAYS PARTICIPATE IN VARIOUS LISTENING ACTIVITIES.
IMPROVING SPEAKING SKILL
IMPROVING READING SKILL
IMPROVING WRITING SKILL
Thank you sir